Part Number: P3042093
Material: Para-Tek FR™ Tri-Blend
Arc Rating: 34.4 HRC Rating: 3
Design: Extra Long Double ply hood throughout
• X-Long length covers chest, shoulders and shoulder blades
• Flat-stitched seams
• X-heavy 1/2” wide elasticized face opening
• Cover stitched bound drape
• Double-ply hood throughout
• UL Classified to NFPA 1971: Standard on Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting and Proximity Fire Fighting – Current Edition
• Outer shell is blend of High Strength Para Aramid/Lenzing FR®, High Tenacity Nylon - approx. 6 oz sq yd.
• 1 x 1 rib knit fabric - knit to allow approx. 130% stretch for maximum stretch and recovery.
• Calendared to minimise laundry shrinkage.
Stitch Types and Seams
• All stitching conforms to federal Standard 751 Specifications(FED-STD-751).
• Major seams are flat seam assembled, stitch type 607.
• Elastic in face opening is serged in with stitch type 504 and reinforced with bottom cover-stitch, stitch type 406.
• Binding is applied with bottom cover-stitch, stitch type 406.
All seams are sewn with 100% Nomex thread size Tex 40.
• Composed of two layers throughout.
• For a contoured fit the hood is seamed from top of face opening to back of head.
• Face opening is circular in shape and serged with x-heavy duty ½” wide elastic around the perimeter. The elastic is then folded back ½” and cover stitched. The face opening stretches a full 16” (which is 25% more than conventional hoods) for easy donning and a snug fit around face of SCBA mask. Face opening maintains original shape after repeated launderings.
• The bottom edge of hood is bound with self-material bias binding.
• Gusset added at side seams to provide complete shoulder coverage and smoother drape.
Features and Benefits
Para-Tek FR™ is PGI’s proprietary Tri-Blend that leverages the benefits of three fibers – High Strength Para-Aramid, Lenzing FR®, and High Tenacity Nylon. The end result is a lightweight, breathable hood that offers exceptional flame and heat resistance and the highest arc rating – 34.4 (Level 3), ounce per ounce of any hood on the market. When tested for vertical char length the Para-Tek FR fabric had the lowest char lengths we’ve ever seen averaging 9mm (.36”) in the wales direction and 12mm (.48”) in the courses direction after five launderings. For comparison purposes, 100% Nomex has more than four times longer char lengths in the wales direction and over three times longer char lengths in the courses direction. Thermal Protective Performance (TPP) results were equally impressive with a TPP rating of 34.8 after five washings. Only the PBI/Lenzing FR blend with our Comfort Plus™ liner – 38 TPP rating, had a better rating. Other properties of Para-Tek FR include:
• Inherently flame resistant
• Low thermal shrinkage
• Excellent TPP rating – 34.8 after five washings
• Superb flame resistance – lowest vertical char lengths of all hood fabrics
• Excellent Arc Flash protection (Highest arc rating of all hood fabrics)
• ATPV = 34.4 HRC 3 (On double ply hoods)
• Compliant with NFPA 70E – Current Edition. Meeting the performance specifications of ASTM-F-1506 (On double ply hoods)
• Excellent resistance to welding sparks and splatter – Resists pin-holing from welding sparks and splatter
• Exceptional wear life
• Great Value. Low initial cost, combined with long wear life
• Comfortable. Excellent moisture absorbency – wicks moisture off skin so it can easily evaporate. Fabric also has excellent breathability
• Lightweight – 6 oz. / sq. yd.
• Natural heather green color – Hides soil
Finished Hood Measurements:
- 1) Face opening is circular and measures between 4.6” to 5.6” in diameter.
- 2) Length of hood below face opening approx. 9”.
- 3) Length of hood at side from top to bottom approx. 15”.
- 4) Length of hood at front and back from top to bottom approx. 18½”.
- 5) Length of hood at front top to bottom approx. 20”.
Size: One size hood fits all.
Labeling and User Information:
Each hood is clearly labeled to identify material contents, NFPA acceptance, UL Classification, Date of Manufacture, and Care Instructions. Included with each hood is a complete users information guide.
Meets or Exceeds Industry Standards
UL classified to meet or exceed NFPA 1971 - Current Edition; Compliant with CAL-OSHA, Sections 3406 and 3410(d) and OSHA Rule 29 CFR, Part 1910, 269. Compliant with NFPA 70E Current Edition and meets
performance specifications of ASTM-F-1506. ARC Rating: 34.4 - Hazard / Risk Category: 3.