PGI’s DriGuard™ PRO FR t-shirts and undergarments provide the last layer of defense and the first layer of comfort. This inventive fabric brings ease-of-wear and flame resistance together in an incredibly lightweight base layer weighing only 4.5 osy (150 gsm). DriGuard base layers are the perfect compliment to multi-layer flame-resistant clothing systems. DriGuard t-shirts and undergarments are non-contributory — meaning they won’t ignite, melt, drip or adhere to the skin, enhancing the combined protection of your FR outer layers. The fabric is extraordinarily soft and comfortable, yet offers better protection than conventional cotton base layer alternatives.
- Inherently flame resistant jersey knit fabric is extraordinarily soft and comfortable offering better protection than conventional cotton.
- Treated with Dual-Technology Antimicrobial and odor control for unparalleled odor and moisture management for life of garment.
- Ergonomic 3D Fit. Taking a 360° view of the body, our designers created base layers with a 3D Fit for better fit, feel and function.
- All seams are flat-locked stitched with 100% Nomex® thread for superior comfort and protection.
- Extra long length ensures the shirt stays tucked in, even while bending or reaching.
- Military style off-the-shoulder seams eliminate seam pressure points on the shoulders when wearing a pack.
- Lay Flat Memory rib knit collar has spandex added for improved appearance, comfort and stretch and recovery.
- No Roll FR elasticized waistband.
- Stay-Put Legs – won’t ride up or constrict.
- Tagless label at neck eliminates irritation associated with sewn in labels.
- Dries much faster than cotton, won’t become over-saturated with sweat or cling to the body like cotton after exertion.
- Low cost and exceptional service life mean outstanding value.
- Easy care machine washable and dryable.
Low initial cost combined with excellent wear life make DriGuard PRO a great value for a lightweight, inherently flame resistant base layer solution. Compared to existing FR alternatives DriGuard PRO FR Base Layers are approximately one third the cost.
As a market leader in technology driven personal protective apparel, PGI designs and manufactures innovative garments for firefighters, EMS, police, military and industrial professionals the world over. The PGI line of high performance products includes Cobra™, Cobra™ NextGen™ and Cobra BarriAire™ Gold Hoods, FireLine™ Multi Mission gear and DriGuard™ FR Base Layer garments. Rooted in America’s heartland, Green Lake, Wisconsin, PGI products meet or exceed applicable industry standards such as NFPA, CAL-OSHA and OSHA.
Dual-Technology Antimicrobial and Odor Control
DriGuard PRO FR Base Layers provide “smart release” technology, releasing its unique antimicrobial properties when microbes are present. Fabric is treated with a powerful antimicrobial treatment that inhibits microbes with a trimodal efficacy, via zeolite carrier, by starvation, sterilization and suffocation, leaving no resistant strains behind. In addition to unparalleled antimicrobial performance DriGuard PRO FR Base Layers incorporate a powerful zeolite odor absorber capturing odor molecules released from the body for total odor control.
DriGuard PRO FR Base Layers provide lightweight, next to-the-skin protection and comfort for firefighters, police, military, industrial professionals and search & rescue personnel. Unlike conventional cotton or synthetic blend base layer alternatives, DriGuard PRO is inherently flame resistant and won’t ignite, melt, drip or adhere to the skin.
DriGuard PRO FR Base Layers are incredibly absorbent, breathable and lightweight for enhanced comfort. Similar to silk in feel, DriGuard PRO fabric has an extremely smooth, soft surface that drapes beautifully. The fabric’s surface feels soft and supple against the skin with superb wicking abilities that keep the skin dry, making it a great fabric for sensitive skin.
Dual-Technology Odor Control
Most “anti-odor” apparel simply incorporates an antimicrobial treatment. Antimicrobials applied to apparel fabrics do an excellent job controlling the growth of odor causing bacteria. However, antimicrobials alone will not stop all odor. Along with the odor being caused by bacteria, your body also releases odor vapors that can pass through the fabric and be detected as odors. DriGuard PRO FR Base Layers incorporate a dual-technology finish combining a powerful antimicrobial and odor absorber. The trimodal finish constantly delivers antimicrobial efficacy destroying more than 99% of odor causing bacteria and capturing odor molecules from the body for the life of the garment.
DriGuard PRO FR Base Layers have good wrinkle and shrink resistance and color fastness. Garments can be home laundered and dried or industrial laundered and dried.