Part Number: P3042185
Material: Ara-Tek FR™ Tri-Blend
Arc Rating: 10 HRC Rating: 2
Design: Extra Long Double ply hood throughout
• X-Long length covers chest, shoulders and shoulder blades
• Flat-stitched seams
• X-heavy 1/2” wide elasticized face opening
• Cover stitched bound drape
• Double-ply hood throughout
• UL Classified to NFPA 1971: Standard on Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting and Proximity Fire Fighting – Current Edition
• Both outer shell and lining are a blend of Meta-Aramid/Lenzing FR®/High Tenacity Nylon - approx. 6 oz sq yd.
• 1 x 1 rib knit fabric - knit to allow approx. 130% stretch for maximum stretch and recovery.
• Calendared to minimise laundry shrinkage.
Stitch Types and Seams
• All stitching conforms to federal Standard 751 Specifications(FED-STD-751).
• Major seams are flat seam assembled, stitch type 607.
• Elastic in face opening is serged in with stitch type 504 and reinforced with bottom cover-stitch, stitch type 406.
• Binding is applied with bottom cover-stitch, stitch type 406.
All seams are sewn with 100% Nomex thread size Tex 40.
• Composed of two layers throughout.
• For a contoured fit the hood is seamed from top of face opening to back of head.
• Face opening is circular in shape and serged with x-heavy duty ½” wide elastic around the perimeter. The elastic is then folded back ½” and cover stitched. The face opening stretches a full 16” (which is 25% more than conventional hoods) for easy donning and a snug fit around face of SCBA mask. Face opening maintains original shape after repeated launderings.
• The bottom edge of hood is bound with self-material bias binding.
• Gusset added at side seams to provide complete shoulder coverage and smoother drape.
Features and Benefits
Ara-Tek FR™ is PGI’s proprietary Tri-Blend that leverages the benefits of three fibers – Meta-Aramid, Lenzing FR® and High Tenacity Nylon. Ara-Tek FR utilizes a generic Meta-Aramid fiber with similar flame, heat and chemical resistant properties to Nomex® brand Meta-Aramid at a fraction of the price. The Lenzing FR provides exceptional softness, breathability and moisture management properties by wicking moisture away from your skin to the outside of the fabric where it can rapidly evaporate keeping you dry and comfortable. The end result is a fabric with similar comfort, and flame resistance of the extremely popular Nomex®/Lenzing FR® blend fabric at a lower price point. The High Tenacity Nylon not only enhances durability but also increases the fabrics arc resistance – Ara-Tek FR ATPV is 10.7 (Level 2) versus Nomex/Lenzing FR ATPV of 8.8 (Level 2), which computes to a little over 20% higher ATPV rating. Ara-Tek FR hoods provide exceptional comfort, durability, and protection against flame, heat and arc at an affordable price. Other properties of Ara-Tek FR include:
• Inherently flame resistant
• Exceptional wear life
• Best value. Lowest initial cost, combined with long wear life
• Comfortable. Excellent moisture absorbency – wicks moisture off skin so it can easily evaporate. Fabric also has excellent breathability
• Softer and better stretch and recovery than other hoods
• Lightweight – 6 oz. /sq. yd.
• Natural off-white color
• Arc Resistant – ATPV 10.7 HRC 2
• Compliant with NFPA 70E – Current Edition. Meeting the performance specifications of ASTM-F-1506 (On double ply hoods)
• Meets CAL-OSHA Requirements
• Passes Fed. Test 191, Method 5903.2: CAL OSHA Sections 3406(d)
• Complies with OSHA Rule 29 CFR Part 1910, 269
Finished Hood Measurements:
- 1) Face opening is circular and measures between 4.6” to 5.6” in diameter.
- 2) Length of hood below face opening approx. 12”.
- 3) Length of hood at side from top to bottom approx. 17”.
- 4) Length of hood at front and back from top to bottom approx. 19½”.
- 5) Length of hood at front top to bottom approx. 20”.
Size: One size hood fits all.
Labeling and User Information:
Each hood is clearly labeled to identify material contents, NFPA acceptance, UL Classification, Date of Manufacture, and Care Instructions. Included with each hood is a complete users information guide.
Meets or Exceeds Industry Standards
UL classified to meet or exceed NFPA 1971 - Current Edition; Compliant with CAL-OSHA, Sections 3406 and 3410(d) and OSHA Rule 29 CFR, Part 1910, 269. Compliant with NFPA 70E Current Edition and meets
performance specifications of ASTM-F-1506. ARC Rating: 10.7 - Hazard / Risk Category: 2.