Part Number: P3112098
Material: Para-Tek FR™ Tri-Blend Black
Arc Rating: 10 HRC Rating: 2
Design: Single ply – no bib drape
• Protective single-ply hood
• X-heavy 1/2” wide elasticized face opening
• Flat stitched seams
• Outer shell is blend of High Strength Para Aramid//Lenzing FR®/High Tenacity Nylon- approx. 6 oz sq yd.
• 1 x 1 rib knit fabric - knit to allow approx. 130% stretch for maximum stretch and recovery.
Stitch Types and Seams
• All stitching conforms to federal Standard 751 Specifications (FED-STD-751).
• Major seams are flat seam assembled, stitch type 607.
• Elastic in face opening is serged in with stitch type 504 and reinforced with bottom cover-stitch, stitch type 406.
• Binding is applied with bottom cover-stitch, stitch type 406.
• All points of stress bartacked with combination stitch types 301 and 304. 28 stitches per bartack.
All seams are sewn with 100% Nomex thread size Tex 40.
• The hood shall be composed of one layer of knit.
• Hood is assembled with flat seam cover stitch.
• Face opening shall be an oval shape measuring 6” in width and 3¼” in height. Extra-Heavy ½” wide elastic is serged to the perimeter of the face opening. The face opening with elastic is then folded back ½” and cover stitched. The heavier elastic around the face opening stretches a full 17” for easy donning and doffing. It also is guaranteed to fit snugly around all styles of SCBA masks and will retain its shape better after repeated use and laundering.
• The bottom edge of bib is completely bound with self-fabric bias cut binding (cut in five degree cut pattern).
Features and Benefits
Para-Tek FR™ is PGI’s proprietary Tri-Blend that leverages the benefits of three fibers – High Strength Para-Aramid, Lenzing FR®, and High Tenacity Nylon. The end result is a lightweight, breathable hood that offers exceptional flame and heat resistance and the highest arc rating – 32 (Level 3), ounce per ounce of any hood on the market. When tested for vertical char length the Para-Tek FR fabric had the lowest char lengths we’ve ever seen averaging 9mm (.36”) in the wales direction and 12mm (.48”) in the courses direction after five launderings. For comparison purposes, 100% Nomex has more than four times longer char lengths in the wales direction and over three times longer char lengths in the courses direction. Thermal Protective Performance (TPP) results were equally impressive with a TPP rating of 34.8 after five washings. Only the PBI/Lenzing FR blend with our Comfort Plus™ liner – 38 TPP rating, had a better rating. Other properties of Para-Tek FR include:
• Inherently flame resistant
• Low thermal shrinkage
• Excellent TPP rating – 34.8 after five washings
• Superb flame resistance – lowest vertical char lengths of all hood fabrics
• Excellent Arc Flash protection (Highest arc rating of all hood fabrics)
• ATPV = 34.4 HRC 3 (On double ply hoods)
• Compliant with NFPA 70E – Current Edition. Meeting the performance specifications of ASTM-F-1506 (On double ply hoods)
• Excellent resistance to welding sparks and splatter – Resists pin-holing from welding sparks and splatter
• Exceptional wear life
• Great Value. Low initial cost, combined with long wear life
• Comfortable. Excellent moisture absorbency – wicks moisture off skin so it can easily evaporate. Fabric also has excellent breathability
• Lightweight – 6 oz. / sq. yd.
• Black color – Hides soil
Finished Hood Measurements:
1. Length of hood top 14 ± ½” (1).
2. Width of hood top at top of face opening 8” ± 1” (2).
3. Width of hood top at center of face opening 6” ± ½” (3).
4. Width of hood at bottom edge 9” ± 1” (4).
Size: One size hood fits all.
Labeling and User Information:
Each hood is clearly labeled to identify material contents, NFPA acceptance, UL Classification, Date of Manufacture, and Care Instructions. Included with each hood is a complete users information guide.
Meets or Exceeds Industry Standards
Labeling and User Information:
Each hood is clearly labeled to identify material contents, Date of Manufacture, Warning Statement and Care Instructions.
Meets CAL-OSHA Requirements Passes Fed. Test 191, Method 5903.2: CAL OSHA Sections 3406(d) Complies with OSHA Rule 29 CFR Part 1910, 269
Not compliant with NFPA 1971 - Current Edition.