Part Number: P30118185
Material: COMFORT PLUS™ – Nomex® (Meta-Aramid)/Lenzing FR®
Arc Rating: 8.8 HRC: Rating: 2
Design: Double ply, one piece overall design with notched shoulders
• Double-ply hood with Comfort Plus liner for cooler, drier wear
• Provides coverage of neck, upper chest and to the top ofthe shoulder blades
• Contoured shoulders reduce bunching of bib
• Flat stitched seams
• X-heavy 1/2” wide elasticized face opening
• Cover stitched bound drape
• UL Classified to NFPA 1971: Standard on ProtectiveEnsembles for Structural Fire Fighting and Proximity FireFighting – Current Edition
• Outer shell is blend of Nomex®/(Meta-Aramid)/Lenzing FR® –approx. 6 oz sq yd.
• Lining is Comfort Plus™ – approx. 6 oz sq yd.
• 1 x 1 rib knit fabric - knit to allow approx. 130% stretch for maximum stretch and recovery.
• Calendared to minimise laundry shrinkage.
Stitch Types and Seams
• All stitching conforms to federal Standard 751 Specifications(FED-STD-751).
• Major seams are flat seam assembled, stitch type 607.
• Elastic in face opening is serged in with stitch type 504 and reinforced with bottom cover-stitch, stitch type 406.
• Binding is applied with bottom cover-stitch, stitch type 406.
All seams are sewn with 100% Nomex thread size Tex 40.
• Composed of two layers throughout.
• Seamed from top of face opening to bottom back then cover-stitched for extra strength.
• Face opening is circular in shape and serged with x-heavy duty ½” wide elastic around the perimeter. The elastic is then folded back ½” and cover stitched. The face opening stretches a full 16” (which is 25% more than conventional hoods) for easy donning and a snug fit around face of SCBA mask. Face opening maintains original shape after repeated launderings.
• The bottom edge of hood is bound with self-material bias binding.
• Shoulders are contoured on each side allowing the hood to lie flat on the chest and back for maximum coverage.
Features and Benefits
Blend was developed in the early 1980’s by PGI to offer a more comfortable and affordable option to 100% Nomex hoods. Due to its price and exceptional comfort it became an instant success easily becoming the most demanded hood blend on the market. Comfort Plus is made of two proven flame resistant fiber work horses- Nomex® and Lenzing FR™. Together they create an exceptionally durable and comfortable flame resistant fabric that wicks moisture away from the skin more effectively than other flame resistant fabrics. The end result is an FR hood that feels cooler in hot environments and warmer in cold environments. In addition to improved comfort, Comfort Plus hoods offer 18% better thermal resistance than their 100% Nomex counter- part with a TPP of 33.6 vs. 28.5 for 100% Nomex after five washings. Other properties of the fabric include:
• Inherently flame resistant
• Excellent thermal resistance – 33.6 TPP rating after five washings
• Excellent comfort. Lightweight and soft, no itch or irritation
• Excellent moisture management – wicks moisture away from skin keeping you drier and more comfortable
• Keeps you cooler in hot environments and warmer in cold environments
• Low initial cost
• Long wear life
• Off-white colour
• Arc Resistant – ATPV 8.8 HRC 2 (On double ply hoods)
• Compliant with NFPA 70E – Current Edition. Meeting the performance specifications of ASTM-F-1506 (On double ply hoods)
• Meets CAL-OSHA Requirements
• Passes Fed. Test 191, Method 5903.2: CAL OSHA Sections 3406(d)
• Complies with OSHA Rule 29 CFR Part 1910, 269
Finished Hood Measurements:
- 1) Face opening is circular and measures between 4.6” to 5.6” in diameter.
- 2) Length of hood below face opening approx. 9”.
- 3) Length of hood at side from top to bottom approx. 15”.
- 4) Length of hood at front and back from top to bottom approx. 18½”
Size: One size hood fits all.
Labeling and User Information:
Each hood is clearly labeled to identify material contents, NFPA acceptance, UL Classification, Date of Manufacture, and Care Instructions. Included with each hood is a complete users information guide.
Meets or Exceeds Industry Standards
UL classified to meet or exceed NFPA 1971 - Current Edition; Compliant with CAL-OSHA, Sections 3406 and 3410(d) and OSHA Rule 29 CFR, Part 1910, 269. Compliant with NFPA 70E Current Edition and meets
performance specifications of ASTM-F-1506. ARC Rating: 8.8 - Hazard / Risk Category: 2.